Qualifications: College degree preferred, but not required. Computer knowledge and experience in hardware and software. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Starting salary: $11.49 per hour
Beginning date: August 16, 2021
Closing date for application: Open until filled
Vicki Gile, Principal
Purpose: The computer lab supervisor provides student orientation and instruction in the use of the elementary computer labs, monitors student progress, and maintains equipment. To accomplish these tasks, the computer lab supervisor works closely with classroom teachers and principal of the school.
Responsible to: School principal
1. College degree preferred – not required.
2. Computer experience and knowledge required in hardware and software.
3. Excellent time management skills.
4. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
5. Employee must be courteous, helpful and willing to be inconvenienced in order to get the job done. Maintain patience with frustrated staff and students.
6. Employee must be self-directed and cooperative.
7. Employee must be eager to learn and teach others new computer skills.
8. Applicant must submit resume with application.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage media materials.
2. Edit audio/visual materials.
3. Maintain and keep network updated.
4. Assist in staff development.
5. Assist teachers and students with day to day applications.
6. Manage computer lab and supervise students in lab classes.
7. Keep updated inventory of equipment.
8. Ensure software versions are consistent and license agreements are met.
9. Evaluate new software.
10. Determine new standards of software/hardware to be implemented within the district.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
Special Physical Requirements:
1. Must be able to lift and move media equipment and computers throughout the building.
2. Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot computers, copiers, editing equipment.
3. Must be capable of dealing with noise and constant interruptions.
1. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
2. The employee shall serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
4. Regular attendance is required of all employees subject to allowed leave in accordance with district policy.
5. Selected candidate must pass background check.
6. Selected candidate must provide health and inoculation certificate.