Smoky Hills PBS is seeking a Producer/Director to add to our team. The Producer/Director is responsible
for all aspects of video production in all genres.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
● Perform all aspects of taped and live video productions
● Produce, Direct, Shoot and Edit short and long form pieces
● Contribute ideas for show elements
● Deliver final products in multiple formats for multiple platforms
● Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field preferred, but not required
● Proven history of excellent attention to detail
● Must be able to meet strict deadlines
● Solid computer knowledge
● Experience in media broadcasting/television required
● Smoky Hills Public Television/PBS product knowledge
● Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
● Experience using Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro preferred
● Able to work flexible hours with some evenings & weekends
● Capable of handling various responsibilities and multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to work as team or independently
The Producer/Director position will be a Full Time position. Compensation will be based on education and experience. Employee benefits included with this position are vacation, sick leave, paid health insurance and KPERS retirement plan. Individuals must be available to work various hours and days including weekends and evenings as needed to assist in station programs and events.
Please email a cover letter, resume, video samples and three references to email@example.com. Position open until filled. EEO employer.