Under the supervision of the Aquatics/Group Fitness Manager, independently instructs Private Red Cross Swimming Lessons to children and adults in the aquatic center at The Center for Health Improvement.
- Prepares for class by having proper equipment available and ready.
- Instructs swimming lessons including Infant and Preschool Aquatics Program (IPAP) and Levels I, II, III and IV to all age levels; makes recommendations to students/parents as appropriate for student to practice skills.
- Prepares mental or written lesson plans; executes lesson plans as appropriate for physical level of class participants; modifies lesson plans as necessary to avoid injury and meets the needs of each participant; selects appropriate activities for the specific class being taught and be able to modify as necessary; and selects appropriate equipment to achieve goals of daily lesson plans (kick boards, toys and floatation devices); assists with the coordination of class times and contacts student/parent prior to scheduled session time; and assists with program development.
- Returns all equipment to proper storage area; ensures all equipment is in proper working order; removes any non-functioning equipment and reports appropriately.
- Verbalizes and writes communication to membership regarding components of swimming lessons; reports any lack of attendance in swimming lessons; clearly and appropriately communicates to members, staff and all internal and external customers; and actively listens and clearly communicates to all members to ensure understanding of expectations; communicates completion of class and appropriately records information in compliance with the American Red Cross guidelines.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.