Nex-Tech is a broadband and technology company that connects thousands of people and businesses through a robust fiber network. We deliver the highest quality Internet, with speeds up to 1 Gig, streaming TV, home security, and local and long-distance phone service. Nex-Tech also provides an array of enterprise solutions including cloud services, Hosted PBX, network security, managed IT, physical security and surveillance, advertising solutions, and network operations monitoring to business clients nationwide. Nex-Tech focuses on providing our customers the best technology and support with the best people and has been doing so for more than 70 years.
Our Network Technician will work directly with our managed services customers to help meet their IT needs. The right candidate will be one who enjoys getting to know their customers, understand their business and how IT helps move forward, and working independently. Daily tasks will include system administration duties including server installation, system/application installation and patch management, Windows issue resolution, log analysis and others. Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and services including switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN. The employee will also provide on-site and telephone technical support for Nex-Tech customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of computer technology and its associated lingo.
· Knowledge of diagnostic testing software and troubleshooting procedures.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret computer reports and printouts.
· Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma plus a minimum of one year experience in computer/peripheral and network support.
· A+ certification or Network+ certification or equivalent required.
· Must possess a Kansas Driver's license.
· This position requires completion of a background check.
· Consistent Training and Mentoring
· Great Work Environment
· Health Insurance Options, including Company HSA Contribution
· Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
· Savings Plan Options, with Company Match
· Competitive Wages and Profit-Sharing Bonus
Nex-Tech is an equal opportunity provider and employer.