Opening for SPED Functional Life Skill/Low Incidence Teacher at WeKan Center/ Hays High School for the 2023-2024 school year
Job Title: SPED Functional Life Skill/Low Incidence Teacher
Reports to: Principal – Hays High School
Start Date: August 2023
- Provide identified students with appropriate learning experiences that develop potential and lead to post-secondary achievement.
- Provide services for high school students working in collaboration with others to develop vocational, independent living, and self-care skills.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Valid Kansas teaching certificate with SPED Endorsement or willingness to work toward
- Knowledge of the educational needs of students with disabilities
- Knowledge of strategies and materials for the education of students with disabilities.
- Ability to design and implement post secondary transition plans
- Flexibility and confidence in working with students, their parents, and community partners.
- Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
- Knowledge of assessment principals and design
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements of students with disabilities
- Ability to supervise support staff in meeting the needs of the program
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Teacher of students with disabilities.
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional and Program Management
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the program.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students based on the district's goals and objectives.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media which meet the needs and capabilities of students.
- Conduct student assessments and adapt curriculum and lesson plans accordingly, providing differentiation and/or extensions of lessons.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to address student's need.
- Build professional relationships with colleagues, community, and parents.
- Develop and revise curriculum.
- Travel as required to fulfill responsibilities of the job.
- Participate in professional learning communities (PLCs).
- Maintain and improve competence through participation in professional training.
- Assist with maintaining paraeducator training records.
- Assist in communicating information to parents.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other student documents required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of paraeducators.
Our District’s Certified Salary Schedule has 12 categories, with salaries ranging from $42,700 to $64,350 based on education and experience.
• Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
• Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
• Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
• District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
• Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
• Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
• District contribution to Health Saving Account
• District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
• Paid Time Off
• Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
• [Tuition Assistance partnership with FHSU]
Apply Online at https://www.applitrack.com/haysusd489/onlineapp/