Under the supervision of the Aquatics/Group Fitness Manager independently performs massage services at The Center for Health Improvement.
- Performs assessment evaluation to determine the appropriate course of treatment (medical and physical conditions).
- Administers appropriate massage techniques (soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, soft tissue stretching techniques, manual pressure to specific points on the body, manual stripping or cross-fiber friction of muscle tissue, trigger point therapy, joint play and lower grade mobilizations).
- Provides sensitive attention and response to members/customers comfort levels for pressure and touch, and shall not cause bruising with any regularity; provides and uses draping to cover all genitalia.
- Suggests appropriate home care instructions and provides information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
- Maintains and reviews members/customers state of being and health history and makes appropriate changes to improving members'/customers overall well-being.
- Attains a knowledgeable level of specific therapy techniques, wellness and latest health issues.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)-within the first two weeks of employment
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)-within the first two weeks of employment
- First Aide within the first six months of employment
- Basic First Aid certification
- Completion of an accredited massage therapist program
- Experience in massage therapy Technical knowledge and ability to apply kinesiology and physiology.
- Massage Therapy certification
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.