You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of more than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
Load Securement Knowledge- REQUIRED
Competitive Earnings - Weekly Direct Deposit Pay
- Paid Health/Dental/Life Insurance (effective after 60 days)
- Home time every 8-14 days (approximately every other weekend off)
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick pay
- Simple IRA
- Sign On Bonus $1000
Safely operate a heavy tractor-trailer truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Secure cargo onto trailer
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
Previous experience in truck driving or other related fields (load securement knowledge is required)
- Must be a min of 23 years old.
- 2 years experience OR successful completion of qualified driving school AND 1 year verifiable driving experience
- MVR must pass insurance qualifications
- Commercial driver's license (Class A CDL)
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
- Must be enrolled in the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse Program and pass a drug test.
Apply online @ www.skillettandsons.com or call 785-222-3611 for an application.