Under the general supervision of the Paramedic/Shift Supervisor, the EMT performs general duties of emergency medical and ambulance service. The EMT performs basic life support skills such as CPR, dresses and manages wounds, splints fractures, dislocations, and sprains, and assists the Paramedics. Work follows prescribed policies and procedures and is supervised by a superior officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responds to ambulance calls and assists in providing emergency medical treatment;
• Performs CPR, dresses and manages wounds, splints fractures, and administers oxygen;
• Transports patients to proper facility;
• Prepares reports on patient's condition;
• Drives an ambulance;
• Maintains upkeep on ambulance;
• Rescues persons trapped by accident situations;
• Stocks the ambulance with supplies;
• Participates in training sessions.
• Maintains the station house and equipment; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Full or Part Time positions available
Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer