is actively seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join
our team. This is a full-time (4-day work week), professional prevention education
programming position with the small and growing national nonprofit organization,Jana’s Campaign,
Inc. The Education & Prevention Specialist will serve under the
direction of the Executive Director and in support of its mission to reduce gender
and relationship violence.About Jana’s Campaign:
is a national education and violence prevention organization with
the single mission of reducing gender and relationship violence. In honor of the
late Jana Mackey and other victims and survivors of gender and relationship
violence, Jana’s Campaign
delivers educational programs that prevent domestic
and dating violence, sexual violence, and stalking.Picture Yourself Here:
When you become part of Jana’s Campaign
as an Education & Prevention Specialist,
your responsibilities will include facilitating evidence-based curricula and
programming for youth and young adults in secondary and higher education
schools. Additionally, you will provide these programs to citizens at community-based organizations throughout Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska. Your role will
significantly involve contributing to the overall mission of reducing all forms of
gender and relationship violence.Duties and Responsibility:
This position provides direct educational programming to students and community
members at the secondary and higher education levels as well as community
education activities. This includes teaching/training, program development, event
planning, public relations, and some grant reporting/writing tasks. Additionally,
this position provides administrative support for various Jana’s Campaign
activities.Secondary Education (40%)
Provide classroom and school-wide presentations to secondary schools in
• Recruit schools, schedule, plan, coordinate, and implement secondary
education presentations and programming in target areas. Including
the development of presentation materials, organization of curriculum
trainings, and collection of evaluation materials.
• Lead marketing of secondary education programs to increase the
number of schools/students impacted.
• Maintain and update contact databases.Higher Education (30%)
Plan and implement multiple prevention education summits each year on
various college campuses in Kansas and across the country.
• Assist in planning, logistics, coordination & marketing for the
• Stay current on topics relevant for the target audiences. Recruit
speakers who provide relevant content.
• Maintain and update contact databases.Community Education (10%)
Represent the organization at various public speaking events and seek to
further expand and market community education efforts.
• Assist in implementing and marketing prevention education programs
for community organizations.
• Assist with social media content development.Administrative/Fundraising (20%)
• Assist with the planning and coordination of fundraising events.
• Assist with organization marketing. Including drafting materials,
managing social media platforms, and working with contracted team
members (Web Management, Marketing, Print shop).
• Assist with grant reporting and writing.
• Assist with all areas of data collection, database management, and
• Provide general office support – phone, email, correspondence, etc as
• Other support tasks as requested or assigned.Who We Are Looking For:
This opportunity is for a detailed-oriented, self-starter who has experience or is
interested in gaining experience in delivering educational programming and
activities, program development, and further expanding gender-based violence
The ideal candidate:
• Strong public speaking or facilitation skills.
• Be confident in their abilities, but always looking to learn more.
• Have a flexible mindset, with the ability to change course and adapt to
changing environments and work processes.
• Have a passion for gender-based violence prevention.
• Has knowledge or experience in domestic/sexual violence field. While the
successful applicant doesn’t need to be an expert in all gender and
relationship violence issues, we are looking for evidence that building safer
and healthier communities is important to you.Qualifications:
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher education level. Graduate students are
encouraged to apply.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
with students, teachers, faculty, staff, professional speakers, volunteers,
donors, and community members.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to
handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and
• Knowledge of, experience working on, or personal passion for issues of
• Willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of gender-based violence.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Experience as an independent problem solver while at the same time
contributing as a team player. Excellent people skills; diplomatic and
• Position is based in Hays, Kansas
• Flexible schedule available, expected to work 32 hours per week (4-day Work
Week – Monday-Thursday), exempt position
• Salary Range: $38,000 - $40,000
• Health Insurance Opt-In
o (30-Day Waiting Period)
• 403B Retirement Plan with up to 6% Match from Jana’s Campaign.
o (Match begins after the 90-day introductory period)
• Travel is required for this position, and may be more frequent during
specific times of the year.
• Must be able to pass a background check, consent to random drug testing,
and possess a valid driver’s license.Other Benefits:
• Generous PTO and holiday schedule
• Supportive, mission-driven culture
• State and Nation-wide Networking Opportunities
• Creative, progressive, flexibleAbout Hays, KS
Situated in Hays, Kansas, Jana’s Campaign
operates in a growing community of
over 20,000 residents. Downtown Hays offers a lively center of shopping,
recreation, arts, government, and history that serves the community, the
surrounding region, and visitors. Known for its family-centered environment, Hays
takes pride in the top-tier healthcare services and exceptional Pre-K and K-12
schools available in both private and public sectors. Whether in search of
entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or a serene place to reside,
individuals of all ages will find in Hays the fundamental components that
contribute to a safe and satisfying lifestyle.Equal Employment Opportunity:
Jana’s Campaign is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
employer committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national
origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, and any other category
protected by law.Application Procedure:
The following application materials should be emailed to:[email protected]
or mailed to Kaiti Blackburn, Jana’s Campaign,
P.O. Box 647, Hays, Kansas 67601.
• Cover letter stating that you are applying for the Education & Prevention Specialist position with Jana’s Campaign.
The letter should include your experiences
as it relates to the responsibilities and qualifications listed in this job
• Resume which includes education background, professional and work
experience, and all other qualifications that relate to this position.
• Provide at least three up-to-date references who can support and verify your
experiences, qualifications, and accomplishments.
Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email.
Application Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The
successful applicant will be expected to begin as soon as possible.