Substitute School Nurse requires a valid BSN license. RN or LPN eligible.
School nurses strengthen and facilitate learning for children by improving and protecting their health status through the identification and elimination or modification of health-related barriers to the educational process.
The functions of the school nurse in USD 489 include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of the health policies established by the USD 489 Board of
Education and the State of Kansas.
- Planning and implementation of services that promote and protect optimal
health and wellness.
- Participation in health education, counseling, and screening to assist students,
staff, and the school community in assuming greater responsibility for their own health.
- Promoting a safe environment for the protection of students and staff.
- Providing health resources for students, families, and staff.
Qualifications for a school nurse in USD 489 are:
- A Registered Nurse in Kansas.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
- A minimum of one year’s nursing experience.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Jessica Roe, Lead School Nurse, at 785-621-8907 or Chris Hipp, Assistant Superintendent Business Services, at 785-623-2400.