FSLA: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Responsible for assisting with the oversight of the Young Adult area. Help young adult patrons with information needs and locating materials. Work with other team members to ensure accurate and prompt service to Hays Public Library patrons.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Comfortable engaging with teenagers and designing programs tailored to teen interests.
2. Help to ensure that the library is a welcoming and safe space for all patrons, including teenagers.
3. Understand and operate library circulation software.
4. Assist patrons with basic computer and tech help, including faxing, scanning, copying, and printing.
1. Contribute to the achievements of the goals and mission of the library.
2. Attend workshops and trainings as needed.
3. Attend and participate in HPL staff and committee meetings as appropriate.
4. Keep programming statistics and prepare reports or presentations as needed.
5. Circulation, desk coverage, and other patron assistance functions may be required at times.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Director.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred. Customer services or library experience required. Experience with teenagers preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Establish and maintain effective and courteous working relations with library patrons and staff.
2. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
3. Ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage time.
4. Ability to problem solve and effectively resolve conflicts.
5. Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS office software and design software including Publisher and Canva.