Under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Assists in processing medication orders through timely removal of labels from printer and prompt preparation of medications for dispensing Monitors stock on hand, identifies and returns overstocks, runs reports, stocks, and maintains inventory and contacts vendors regarding the availability of needed items.
- Inspects areas where medication is stored including proper storage conditions and removal of outdated medications Reviews out-of-the ordinary/costly prescriptions with pharmacists.
- Coordinates and performs advanced data maintenance and reporting activities to ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Enters new patients and medications into the system.
- Fills prescriptions and dispenses pharmaceuticals authorized by the pharmacist.
- Accepts prescriptions, researches and verifies patient insurance and prescription information, and enters data into computer system to facilitate the processing and filling of prescriptions.
- Verifies identity, provides refill medications and collects co-payments.
- Register sales and bank deposits nightly.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.