The Rig Mechanic performs all tasks and duties of a mechanical discipline (including welding) to dissemble machinery, remove parts, build parts, or make repairs.
1. Performs maintenance and repairs on company owned and customer equipment in the shop/field.
2. Assists in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
3. Cuts sheet metal, pipe, and bar stock for jobs.
4. Layouts and drills holes in raw material and tap holes for jobs, layouts and builds parts for jobs from prints, tears down and cleans up and installs bearings in gearboxes, tubing drums and sand drums.
5. Does all types of welding: performs cutting, plumbing and electrical work. Does all types of fabrication work either building new or repairing broken equipment.
6. Works in the shop doing repair work, running pipe, cutting off pipe, and welding slip collars, and performing safety inspections.
HS diploma, welding skills, and mechanical aptitude recommended.
*Starting wages @ approximately $17.50/hour dependent on experience
Applicants must be 18 years or older. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Benefits include Competitive Wages, Paid Health/Dental Coverage, Retirement Plan, Uniforms and Paid Time Off. Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required. For questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at (785)621-4075. To apply may fill out an application online at www.hess-services.com, stop by our office located at 2670 E. 9th Street, Hays, KS 67601 or visit your local Workforce Center. EOE.