Position Description: The Administrative Specialist position in the Center for Student Success supports the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Student Engagement and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Student Life/Title IX Officer/Senior Diversity Officer. Position also assists in the leadership of the second floor of the Center for Student Success. Duties include providing administrative support while maintaining strict confidentially when working with sensitive information. A successful candidate must have the ability to work independently, be highly detailed, and organized. This is an on-campus position located on the Fort Hays State University campus in Hays, Kansas.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Two plus years of office experience
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office as evidenced by application materials
· Experience working in a university setting
· Excellent written and oral skills
· Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory experience
Appointment Date: The start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and successful completion of a background check.
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
Salary: $15.06 per hour
· Prepares correspondence, agendas, and materials including administrative and reports for reproduction and distribution; maintains calendars, schedules and plans events and takes minutes at meetings. Responds to questions from other offices and the public. Attends committee meetings and keeps accurate minutes. Schedules follow-up and/or monthly meetings.
· Responsible for monitoring deadlines associated with projects. Schedule facilities, invites, and activities.
· Assist in the preparation and research for presentations.
· Responsible for supporting the Center for Student Success and being a leader in centralizing administrative duties and responsibilities throughout the building.
· Requests and maintains data for Student Engagement and Student Life clusters. Shares data to appropriate stakeholders.
· Assist with development and offering of training opportunities. Produce presentation and outline for departmental training. Provide small group meetings. Assist with Division of Student Affairs committees.
· Responsible for supporting the Title IX and judicial affairs functions, including creation of discipline files and related confidential appointments and correspondence through Maxient, the online web portal.
· Responsible for creating student distribution lists and communicating the daily student announcement through the Allstudent listserv.
· Responsible for submitting appropriate travel authorization and coordinating travel arrangements to attend meetings and conferences.
· Responsible for the reconciling of Business Procurement Card transactions in Workday.
· Responsible for completing purchases, according to established FHSU policies and procedures. Completes orders, purchase requisitions, bills and related forms to make payment for goods and services received.
· Responsible for maintaining the budgetary accounts.
· Gathers data for and assists with the preparation of the budget; assists with grant requests and reports; assist with or complete special reports and other statistical and financial reports.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.