Please fill out an application at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located at 4650 Roth Avenue in Hays, Kansas. We do expect all desk associates to be available for a minimum of 3 weekends a month. Weekends off will rotate between staff.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE/NIGHT AUDITOR
- Handle requests and transactions of hotel guests.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs.
- Exhibit courteous hospitality at all times to guests and associates.
- Be proactive in offering additional services and informing guests of hotel facilities and local attractions.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to):
- Administer hotel guest payment policies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with guests, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Post all charges including valet and other miscellaneous charges to guest account.
- Maintain hotel key security system.
- Oversee safe deposit boxes for guests.
- Verify credit cards and balance bank at the end of the shift.
- Run and verify availability report at the beginning of the shift. Update report as needed.
- Review communications log at the beginning of the shift.
- Know and follow the hotel’s emergency procedures in the event of an actual emergency.
- Notify appropriate supervisor immediately of any problem with rooms.
- Check in and check out should be as expeditious as possible.
- Knowledge of hotel phone system to allow transferring of calls to rooms and voice mail.
- Prompt distribution and notification to guests of mail.
- Knowledge of local area
- Check your appearance before the shift.
- Clothes should be clean and neatly pressed
- No unauthorized jewelry.
- Hands and nails clean.
- Physical hygiene practiced daily.
- Neatly combed hair and conservatively styled. Facial hair for men must be neatly trimmed.
- Name tag should be worn at all times.
- Socks to match shoes for men
- Professional shoes to be worn at all times.
GREETING AND CLOSING:
- Greet each guest you see
- Make the guest feel welcome
- Whenever possible, personalize your service by using the guest’s name.
- Thank the guest for staying with us.
ATTENTION TO DETAILS:
- Never leave Front Desk unattended.
- Keep Front Desk neat and clean
- Be alert for any potential security problems and report them immediately to your supervisor and/or General Manager.
- Be diligent in reporting any potential workplace hazards
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must acknowledge this and be aware that at any time it may be necessary to move associates from his/her accustomed shift as business demands. Please fill out an application at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located at 4650 Roth Avenue in Hays, Kansas. Shifts will vary between 11/7, 7/3, 3/11, and 4/9? Weekends & shift flexibility are required.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK.
No Phone Calls Please!!
Please fill out an application at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located at 4650 Roth Avenue in Hays, Kansas. We do expect all associates to be available for a minimum of 3 weekends a month. Weekends off will rotate. We do our best to accommodate all time off requests.