Amphenol Adronics is a quality award winning and leading Tier 1 supplier of Antenna Systems, Fakra Coax Cables and Wire Harnesses to OEMs for a growing array of automotive electronic applications, ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), V2X (Vehicle to Everything) communication and onboard electronics.
The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for learning company purchasing policies and procedures, and maintaining supply inventory levels required for effective company operation. Work directly with colleagues and suppliers to obtain products and services that are essential for our day-to-day operations. Coordinate with purchasing department to monitor supplier performance, supplier discrepancies and monitor supplier performance to enhance process standardizations. Responsible for overall conformity to the IATF standards within the purchasing department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads pricing, spend and cost savings analysis within supply base.
- Preparation and issuance of requests for quote, evaluation of total cost options, presentation of sourcing recommendations.
- Forecast and analyze product demand as well as determine product requirements.
- Ability to analyze and conduct make/buy scenarios and peruse/implement actions in support of corporate cost reduction objectives.
- Prepare and verify purchase orders, verifying specifications, price and approval.
- Verification of item receipts, comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipment errors with supplier or requestor via e-mail and phone.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure satisfaction.
- Manage suppliers to improve performance relating to cost, quality and delivery, set performance benchmarks. Identify risks and develop/implement mitigation plans.
- Vendor counter sourcing.
- Ensure contracts are adhered to and up to date.
- Support new program launches and interface with internal customers on critical supplier issues and change management.
- Develop, improve and document procurement processes for continuous improvement.
- Works in the MRP/ERP system (PLEX) to understand demand and customer requirements for components and material.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies by collecting and analyzing data in the MRP/ERP system.
- Logistics, oversee the planning, implementing, and controlling for the efficient and effective transportation and storage of goods, from the point of origin to the point of consumption.
- Work with Accounts Payable to address invoice issues.
- Periodic supplier meetings or visits to review quality standards, future capacity and identify new opportunities.
- Works with Quality Team to manage the processes and outputs related to the Purchasing department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of MRP / ERP system (Plex experience preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Team-oriented to fit in a collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational and follow-up.
- Desire to grow in responsibilities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
High School diploma or GED required; Minimum 2 years of purchasing or related experience is required, associate’s degree in related field preferred. Automotive experience a plus.