Schwartz & Park, L.L.P. is a modern, full-service law firm serving Hays, Kansas and the surrounding region. We are dedicated to solving the legal problems our clients encounter on a day-to-day basis and are committed to offering our clients the legal service and support they need. We have built our reputation as skilled negotiators and litigators by offering counsel designed to eliminate any uncertainty our clients may have. Our growing firm is seeking an experienced Paralegal.
We believe in a work/life balance for all our staff. We have a collegial, team-oriented environment in beautiful offices in a convenient location. We consider our team a family. Our team huddles regularly, and we practice work rebalancing when needed. We have worked hard to establish processes and procedures to ensure smooth running of the firm.
We value our staff and offer the following*:
- Competitive salary ($16.00 to $20.00 per hour depending on education and experience)
- Bonus structure
- Growth potential
- Medical and dental insurance (employee premiums)
- Retirement plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off/
*May be subject to a waiting period and may be changed without notice.
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments, and be pro-active in managing their caseload
- Assist with the management of active litigation cases
- Maintain a working knowledge of assigned case load
- Ensure files and documents are accurately managed and organized
- Adjust to and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Calendar, track and manage court and client deadlines
- Schedule and prepare attorneys for client-related meetings, depositions, and hearings
- Handle discovery drafting and production
- Assist with trial preparation
- Act as a liaison between attorneys, courts and clients
- File with courts using
- Possesses excellent attention to detail and follows up and follows through on deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize across a range of matters to meet timelines in a fast-paced organization
- Owns professional development by actively seeking out feedback and learning new skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Eager to take ownership over work product and able to advance work independently, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed
- Willing to do what it takes to accomplish team objectives
- High degree of professionalism and intellectual curiosity
- Prior experience in law office preferred
- Experience with case management software is a plus.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Send your reply with resume to:
Schwartz & Park, LLP
1401 Main Street, Suite A
Hays, Kansas 67601