Position Description: The Department of Nursing (DON) is seeking a new lab coordinator position. This position will assist the program specialist with designing the technical aspects of simulations, running scenarios through the simulators, scheduling the lab for FHSU and HMC, cleaning and performing maintenance on the simulators, ordering supplies, setting up for skills lab, running the KB Port camera system and cleaning up after skills lab and simulations for FHSU and Hays Medical Center.
Minimum Qualifications: An associate degree in a healthcare or computer related field or three years of experience.
· Bachelors in a healthcare or computer related field
· More than three years of related experience
· Experience in the simulation lab
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and database management software
· Experience in a nursing environment
· Strong technology skills and ability to learn new software
· Excellent organization skills
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of offer and completion of criminal background check.
Priority Deadline: Position is open until filled
Salary: $15.75 per hour
· Setup, preps, and tears down rooms for various simulations.
· Maintain and troubleshoot Manikin, simulation software, human patient simulators and medium fidelity patient simulators.
· Runs simulations for faculty and students.
· Installs software and hardware upgrades and maintains manikins and task trainers as directed by manufactures support. Interfaces with the equipment manufactures regarding equipment troubleshooting and systems problems; maintain record of repairs.
· Participate in technical training as necessary; attend conferences to stay current with simulation technology.
· Orders supplies for the lab.
· Maintains a calendar for the lab.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact: