As an Apprentice Electrician you will work under the guidance of a Journeyman level electrician assisting in the installation, alteration, addition, and/or repair of electrical systems on industrial and commercial work sites. The ideal candidate will be working towards a career in the trade with RDH Electric & Construction.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Gather tools and supplies to be used at work site.
· Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit.
· Trace out short circuits in wiring.
· Assist in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
· Maintain tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
· Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
· Help in securing, relocating and organizing materials, small tools, and equipment from and back to appropriate storage areas.
· Keep work area clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
· Assists in pulling wire, lifting, hoisting and positioning materials.
· May operate hand tools and equipment under direct supervision of a foreman or more senior electrician.
· Assists in mounting and strapping conduit.
· Assists experienced personnel in electrical installations, connections, and terminations under close supervision.
· Performs other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervisor.
· Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner
· Conduct all work to the very best of your ability, as if it were your own home/business
· Able to read and follow specifications on blueprints/diagrams/technical drawings for installations
· Utilize all safety equipment and follow all safety regulations and guidelines
· Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
· Maintain a neat and organized work environment
· See that all tools and equipment are functioning properly at the beginning of each shift
· Possesses a work ethic that is strongly oriented toward both efficiency and customer service.
· Meet all job standards in a time sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor.
· Ability to work unsupervised or within a team. Demonstrate ability to meet quality and quantity standards and on time requirements.
· Must be able to travel out of town to job sites and projects
Preferred Job Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Valid state of Kansas driver’s license required
· Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
· Ability to obtain a CDL
· Must pass drug testing
· Associates degree in Electrical technology or 1-2 years of related experience
· Legal to work in the United States
· Must have dependable transportation to and from work
· Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude
· Good communication skills, able to keep accurate records
· Be able to work 40-hour work-week, and overtime as necessary (occasional weekends)
· Be able to work in all weather, temperatures, and conditions under which the job must be performed
· Not interested in 3rd party recruiting firms
Pay: $11.00-$16.00 Hourly (negotiable depending upon experience)
· Health and Life Insurance
· Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
· Performance bonuses
· All tools, work shirts, and company truck provided
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.