Start Date: February 2023
Position open until filled
Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Selected Candidate must have a satisfactory criminal background check and a KS Certificate of health prior to first day of employment.
Hours: 5.75 Hours per day, Monday through Friday when school is in session
Guided Personal Study (GPS) is offered every period and is a full 86-minute class period. It follows the Gold and Maroon schedule, so students will have a GPS class every other day. GPS is required but is set up as a pass/fail and has no credit. GPS may be used as a study hall, to make up tests or work from missed classes for any excused absence, or to sit in on missed lectures of classes that may be open for a student during their assigned GPS period. GPS offers "reteaching" opportunities which allows students to fully understand subject content.
There are 2 rooms used for GPS at Hays High School--the Lecture Hall and the Multi-purpose room. There will be a minimum of 2 paras present during certain periods, to a maximum of 4 paras present. The supervisor will be in charge of scheduling work times, working with paras on rules and regulations regarding GPS, working with students throughout the day, coordinating with certified staff, and other duties as assigned. The GPS supervisor reports to a building administrator who will be in charge of the GPS program.
$13.05/hr Full time with full benefits
• Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
• Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
• Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
• District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
• Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
• Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
• District contribution to Health Saving Account
• District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
• Paid Time Off
• Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
Apply Online At: https://www.applitrack.com/haysusd489/onlineapp/