Hiring one part-time position, Monday - Friday, 8am - 12:00pm
Newly hired staff eligible for a Sign On Bonus! $100 paid after 30 days of employment, $400 paid after 6 months of employment and required training completed!
Benefits available include sick and vacation time and retirement through KPERS.
Responsible for general clerical duties, which include answering phone calls and email messages, ordering supplies, ensuring office equipment is in working order, and entering information into a computer system.
- Process incoming/outgoing communications via telephone, personal visits, email, taking messages and ensuring positive public relations for DSNWK and the assigned departments.
- Responsible for picking up mail from the post office, processing mail daily, including opening and date stamping mail, and logging in checks and cash, as applicable.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the copy room and reception area.
- Responsible for getting mail out every day and taking care of the postage machine, end-of-month report, maintenance, postage, and supplies.
- Ability to work in an office with multiple distractions.
- Ability to take initiative to respond to tasks, follow directions, and work independently.
- Professional business demeanor and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Education - high school diploma or GED Required. Two years related experience or Associates Degree in business preferred.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Spreadsheets, other Google products, and multi-line phone coverage preferred.