Looking for Something Different? At Nex-Tech Wireless, we’re always working to bring the latest technology to the communities we serve. Join our hometown team as a Switch Technician. This individual will install, monitor, and maintain Mobile Switching Center (MSC) components to ensure proper operation. Additional duties will include monitoring, testing, and maintaining circuits, hardware and wireless elements required to support a wireless network operation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in an electronics technology discipline, or three to five years of related work experience in the Wireless industry.
- Experience in switch operations and maintenance.
- Experience with troubleshooting methodology, OSS, DS-0, DS-1, DS-3, OC-3, OC-12, SS7, Sigtran, SIP, and IMS. Experience with high-speed wireless technologies 1xRTT, EVDO revA, and LTE.
- Ethernet transport networks (WAN, LAN) preferred.
- ALU CDMA and Ericsson LTE knowledge and/or experience required.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate some or all of the following skills:
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix based systems and command line interface
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot very complex, mission-critical systems
- Strong understanding of L2, L3 (TCP/IP) and L4 (UDP/TCP)
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to deliver in fast-paced, high-volume environment supporting aggressive targets
- Experience drawing/interpreting complex system diagrams
We proudly offer:
- Competitive pay
- A fun work environment
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts