Smoky Hills PBS is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to add to our team. This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing TV/Digital production, transmission, and broadcast systems equipment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Install, operate, maintain and repair studio, broadcast, and transmitter equipment
- Perform all broadcast related job functions required by the FCC and maintain broadcast signals within FCC guidelines
- Responsible for FCC license renewal, maintenance and integrity
- Responsible for EEO reporting to the FCC
- Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices
- Responsible for managing the Engineering department and Facilities department budgets
- Responsible for creating capital needs requests and budgets
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and software applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection
- Implement technical infrastructure and provide systems integration for present needs and provide on-going research and vision for future needs
- Perform light building maintenance and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic IP network technology skills
- Experience with STL microwave systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines, prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter that can work individually and as part of a team
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
The Broadcast Engineer will be a full time position. Compensation will be based on education and experience. Employee benefits included with this position are vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, health and dental insurance, and KPERS retirement plan. Individuals must be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights and holidays, as needed.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected]
. Position open until filled. EEO employer.