Responsible for implementation and support of applications. Works closely with end users to troubleshoot and correct problems relating to application, and assists with conversions to and implementations of software products. Uses operational knowledge to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of solutions to provide end users with high quality, efficient products. Maintains and supports specified installed application software products.
- Demonstrates accountability in delivering assigned task.
- Reports project issues and accomplishments to project manager.
- Delivers a work product that meets projects requirements as defined by the scope and stays within departmental guidelines for application configuration/development.
- Analyzes and documents current and future needs and workflows through interviews and gathering data regarding regulatory requirements, operational procedures and hospital/departmental policies.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, support and evaluation of clinical or business application system as assigned.
- These activities may include system design, documentation of design decisions, workflow redesign and documentation, data collection, database building, testing and troubleshooting.
- Under direct supervision, designs, documents, builds and modifies the complex critical applications in order to best meet the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of tools such as process flow documentation and base level project reporting.
- Under direct supervision, is able to research stakeholder requests for optimizations using various tools including vendor application resources.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of interface design and development between various distributed systems.
- Understands interface protocols and specifications and how information can flow between systems.
- Learns, develops, and maintains competency in the assigned application or technical area.
- Understands application impacts within the clinical and/or the business departments and resources.
- Maintain certifications/proficiencies once obtained.
- Develops understanding of project management methodologies including planning, scope definition/documentation, timeline development, dependency consideration, staffing, project structure and statusing/issue management.
- Contributes and participates in turnover documentation and presentations when projects are complete.
- Helps to maintain systems in an operational readiness state and identifies enhancements to help end user efficiencies.
- Develops understanding of testing concepts including different types of testing and their objectives.
- Develops and executes tests scripts based on future state workflows and software enhancements/fixes.
- Is responsible for maintenance of test scripts as workflows change based on software changes or user requirements.
- Reviews future state workflow documentation with Trainer for curriculum development.
- Validates training curriculum with Trainer. May also serve as proctor during training events.
- Reviews training questions during training events and helps to document reponses.
- Participates in communication development of optimizations by producing screen shoots and explanations of new feature/function/workflow.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.