We have full-time, and part-time positions available, which include competitive benefit packages!
The service assistant independently performs a wide variety of duties to clean and disinfect patient rooms, facilities and equipment, ensuring a safe environment, and reducing the risk of infection for patients, visitors, and staff. Routine cleaning responsibilities include, but not limited to: scrubbing, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, disinfecting, ceiling vent cleaning, replenishes supplies and inventory, chemical usage and dilution methods, changing isolation curtains, linen pickup, trash and cardboard disposal and biohazard waste disposal.
- Dusts furnishings; mops and buffs floors; vacuums carpets; cleans mirrors, sinks, shower and toilets in restrooms; spot cleans walls; and completes disinfection of rooms, furniture, equipment, etc.
- Washes windows, window ledges, doors, vents, radiators, ceiling fans, etc.; vacuums hallways edges; dusts and cleans baseboards; and dusts blinds
- Inventories and completes requisition for supplies; forwards requisition to management; and restocks inventory in closet and cart
- Selects proper chemical for the appropriate cleaning task; dilutes chemicals according to manufactures specification; wears proper personal protective equipment needed for the specific chemical; and checks for proper chemical dispensing to ensure a safe environment
- Cleans and disinfects room, bathroom, furnishings/equipment and walls; removes curtains in isolation rooms; restocks room supplies; and wears proper personal protective equipment; ensure appropriate cleaning and disinfecting techniques are followed to reduce the risk of infection and provide a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff
- Empties and relines wastebaskets; disposes of trash; retrieves and delivers soiled linen to appropriate area; retrieves and disposes of biohazard waste to appropriate area; and breaks down cardboard and processes for pickup
- Receives special event form; sets up meeting room according to special event form instructions within requested timeframe; and logs completion of room set up
- Pre-treats carpet for spots; fills and prepares extraction equipment; posts proper safety precaution signage; performs carpet extraction; places drying equipment in appropriate locations; cleans and stores extraction equipment; and removes safety precaution signage
- Starting wage: $13/hour + commensurate with experience. Various shifts available (both day, evening, and overnight options), with rotating weekends.
- Shift Differentials:
- Additional $1/hour for hours worked between 3 p.m. until 11 p.m.
- Additional $1.75/hour for hours worked between 11 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- Additional $1.50/hour for hours worked between 7 p.m. Friday until 7 a.m. Monday.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.