The City of Ellis is accepting applications for a dedicated, responsive and experienced individual for the position of Chief of Police to supervise a full service 24-hour police department.
This is a department head position, under the direction of the Mayor and governing body. The Chief of Police is a highly responsible managerial and supervisory position in the planning, organizing and directing of the activities of the police department. Applicant should possess good motivational, interpersonal, public relations and communications skills. Department functions include patrolling to deter and detect crime, investigating complaints, citing and/or arresting law violators, etc. Work is performed with independence and in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances and regulations. A background check will be conducted.
Qualifications required include:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Must possess KLETC Certification
- Minimum of Five Years Supervisory Experience
- Drug/alcohol testing required after provisional offer of employment.
- Residency required within 30 miles of the Ellis City limits.
- Single/Family health, dental and vision insurance paid 100% by employer.
- Single life insurance policy paid 100% by employer.
- Sick leave, Vacation, and KPERS
Job description and applications are available at Ellis City Clerk’s Office, 815 Jefferson, Ellis, KS, www.ellis.ks.us or email [email protected]. Send letter of interest, resume
and application along with professional and personal references to Police Chief Search Committee, c/o David McDaniel, Mayor, City of Ellis, 815 Jefferson, Ellis, KS 67637. For more information, contact Amy Burton, City Clerk, at 785-726-4812.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL DECEMBER 15, 2021. The City of Ellis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right to reject any and all applications.