**Multiple Positions Available
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Selected candidate must have a completed certificate of health and satisfactory background check before first day of employment.
HOURS: 2-3.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday, only on days when school is in session.
STARTING SALARY: $10.88 per hour
Beginning date: August 16, 2021
Closing date for application: Open until filled
Position contact: Jessica Younker
1. Assist in preparation of lunch (Usually items such as potato products, salad, vegetables, fruits, etc.)
2. Help set up the choice line.
3. Act a runner for main serving line and choice line. If rotation is used, may help serve, act as runner or have duties in dishwashing area, including pot and pan washing, and dishmachine duties.
4. Help with general put away of food and general cleaning of kitchen.
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must be able to do simple arithmetic.
3. Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
4. Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
5. Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure are desirable.
6. Ability to lift objects of 25 pounds.
7. Must be neat in appearance, clean, have good personal hygiene habits.
8. Must wear appropriate clothing, hairnet and comfortable appropriate shoes.
9. A health certificate is required stating healthy status and TB test or chest x-ray.
Tools and Equipment
2. Holding equipment, stove, oven, steamer
3. Portion control equipment
4. Choice bar
5. Refrigeration equipment.
1. Number of hours and days are specified in work agreement. Monday through Friday; except for school holidays. Exceptions are stated in school calendar.
2. Nine months per year.
3. Kitchen is well lighted, ventilated and comfortable (although it may be hot in late August and late May).
4. Much standing on feet required and some lifting.
1. Responsible to Base/Satellite Manager.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. References required.
Term of Employment
1. At Will
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with USD #489 Board of Education Policy.