Position Description: This position performs a variety of customer service and human resource support duties. Strong written and oral communication skills, along with interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Work involves specialized and/or diverse administrative support work. Work may include the responsibility of providing assistance to the Human Resource Director and other Human Resource staff.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of experience in planning, directing, organizing, managing or administering personnel or human resources functions. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
· Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, public administration or a related field
· Excellent written communication skills
· Payroll experience
· Experience in data management
· Supervisory experience
· Experience with webpage maintenance
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and background check clearance.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2021. Review of applications will begin after the deadline and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: 15.75 per hour
· Process bi-weekly payroll for non-benefit employees
· Research out of state tax for FHSU Online faculty
· New employee orientations
· Manage the Employee Tuition Assistance Program
· Office management
· Webpage maintenance
· Assist all employees with general questions
· Hire, train and supervise student employee
· Assist HR Director with special projects and research
· planning and organizing
· problem analysis and problem solving
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Debbie Storer, [email protected],
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.