Unified School District No. 489
Employee Support Services Assistant
Immediate Opening; will be open until filled.
Classification: 12 Month Classified Employee, 241 Work Days per year, 248 Paid Days per year
Compensation: Central Office Clerical - Level 2, $13.76/hour.
- Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
- Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
- Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
- District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
- Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
- Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
- District contribution to Health Saving Account
- District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
- Paid Time Off (Sick Leave and Vacation Leave)
- Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, (Paid) Holidays Off
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Business Services & Departmental Leadership.
Job Summary: The Employee Support Services Assistant will provide tier one support to employees seeking assistance with Human Resources and Payroll needs handled by the Business Services Team.
• Answers and directs departmental phone calls and walk-ins; educates/redirects employees to self-service resources as applicable.
• Ensures that District Job Postings are accurate and up to date on all recruiting platforms; works with FHSU Careers Department to communicate job opportunities most suited to students.
• Manages screening and onboarding process for all Substitute employees; acts as primary point of contact for all Substitutes.
• Assists with monthly billing reconciliation of associated District benefit carriers.
• Assists with Short Term Disability administration as needed.
• Assists with employee timesheet submissions.
• Assists with communication strategies to keep employee informed on various topics.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
- Prior administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Prior human resource and/or payroll experience preferred.
- High proficiency with Office 365 Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be highly computer literate and able to quickly learn and navigate various applications.
- Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and willing to be inconvenienced to get the job done.
- Must have the ability to collaborate and work effectively with coworkers and community.
- Must observe and follow District policies at all times.
- Must remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation most of an eight-hour day.
- Must have manual dexterity for continual computer input.
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift, carry, up to 30 pounds.