Under the supervision of the Aquatics/Group Fitness Manager, independently maintains a safe and clean environment in the aquatic center at The Center for Health Improvement; maintains, reviews, interprets, and incorporates member safety through observation; assists with all day to day aquatic center issues and maintains accurate records.
- Lifeguards the pool during participation; maintains all life safety codes; disciplines members who are not following the aquatic rules as stated;
- Routinely make decisions about the safety of members in the aquatic area and provide the appropriate supplies;
- Detects problems and communicates them to the appropriate staff;
- Assists with schedule coordination; and assists with program development; and ensures proper water temperature and chemical balance of pool.
- Responds appropriately to emergency procedures; assesses the situation; maintains a calm environment; and performs lifesaving rescues as outlined in lifeguard training certification.
- Assists in locker room job functions during down pool times; ensures that there are adequate towels and supplies; ensures clean pools and pool decks with pool cleaning equipment; and performs chemical checks of all pools and reports issues to supervisor.
- Returns all equipment to proper storage area; ensures all equipment is in proper working order; follows daily, weekly, and monthly checklist for aquatic area maintenance and upkeep; and removes any non-functioning equipment and reports appropriately.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.