Sunflower Electric, a generation and transmission cooperative, is looking for a drafter, designer, or surveyor to join our team as a Transmission Technician!
See your ideas come to life as a Sunflower Transmission Technician I or II! As a Transmission Technician (in our Transmission Engineering Department), you will get the opportunity to use your imagination and creativity to design and draft substations and other transmission apparatuses. Then, use your project management skills to build your vision from the ground up, including coordinating, scheduling, and cost estimating. You'll also get the opportunity to be in the field to assist with inspections and manage contractors.
- Flex your creativity by showcasing your designing, drafting, and mapping skills.
- Enjoy daily variety, including a mix of field and office work.
- Work closely with a fun team that will help you learn and grow in your career.
- Enjoy Sunflower's robust benefits package, including a lucrative pension plan and low health insurance premiums.
- Help keep the lights on for Kansans by supporting Sunflower's Member-Owners with your technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology, industrial technology, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An additional two years of engineering, engineering support, or technical services experience is required for the level II position.
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) Technician Occupations Selection System (TECH) test.
Refer to the Responsibility Outlines for a complete list of qualifications.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here: https://secure.eei.org/eeitests/onlineproducts/
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.