Assistant Director - FHSU Online Recruitment and Military-Connected Student Services
Position Description: The Coordinator of Online Recruitment manages the day-to-day recruitment operations for FHSU Online. This position is charged with implementing recruitment strategies that attract online students to FHSU Online. Strategies include but are not limited to overseeing the unofficial transcript evaluation process, managing engagement plans in the CRM, collaborating with key university stakeholders on lead generation, planning and/or attending recruitment events and cultivating student enrollments. The successful candidate must have a proven record of collaboration, professionalism, and interpersonal communication, with experience in recruitment and higher education.
1. Enrollment Growth
- Utilize technology to manage communication plans, lead tracking, and reporting.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director – FHSU Online Recruitment & Military-Connected Student Services to evaluate and reimagine communication and engagement plans as needed.
- Manage and participate in prospective student communication via meetings, calls, emails, texts, and walk-ins using technology when appropriate (HubSpot, Teams, Zoom, Sakari, Mainstay, etc.).
- Develop and foster partnerships with educational institutions, businesses, community organizations, etc. that will ultimately facilitate future enrollments.
- Support the Assistant Director – FHSU Online Recruitment & MCSS in coordination with University Marketing to develop print and promotional materials to be used in prospective online student marketing pieces.
- Collaborate with other departments across campus to coordinate recruitment efforts when appropriate.
- Attend recruitment events as needed to increase FHSU Online awareness and boost future enrollments.
- Supervise full-time staff.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the yearly strategic plan for FHSU Online.
- Supervise two Online Admissions Advisors.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for direct reports.
4. FHSU Community
- Participate in the FHSU community through committee work, volunteer efforts, event attendance, and other opportunities as appropriate.
5. Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in higher education/student affairs or related field.
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in campus event programming and/or leadership education.
Priority Application Date: April 7, 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and background check clearance.
Required Application Documents: Submit a cover letter detailing qualifications for the position, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references. Please submit all application documents in one PDF document.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Kathleen Cook
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.