Job Description: This is a full-time staff position that reports to the Dean of the Graduate School.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent with three years of experience in an office or administrative position. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Three or more years of office experience
· Excellent written communication skills
· Experience in a university setting
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Attention to detail
· Supervisory experience
Salary: $15.75 per hour
Appointment Date: Start date to be determined after acceptance of an offer and completion of criminal background check.
Application Priority Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
· Communicates with students, department chairs, faculty, and administrators daily regarding confidential issues.
· Maintains primary responsibility for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all Graduate School files. Organizes and maintains files and records.
· Assists with interviewing, selecting, coordinating, scheduling, supervising, training and evaluating multiple student employees.
· Screen calls, transfer callers to appropriate department and take messages for Graduate Dean.
Responsibilities may also include:
· Develops and maintains Access database and run reports for graduate programs and data for national surveys.
· Help prepare budgets and maintain budgetary accounts.
· Coordinates Graduate Assistantship Applications. Advises students of their status and prepare contracts as assistantship awards are assigned by department chairs and directors.
· Maintains and updates the Graduate School website and social media content.
· Make travel arrangements for Graduate Dean.
· Maintain inventory and order office supplies as needed.
· Schedule and publicize Graduate Assistant professional development sessions throughout the academic year.
· Other duties as assigned by the Graduate Dean.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Angela E. Pool-Funai, DPA
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.