This position offers a $500 sign on bonus after 30 days of employment in the position.
The Custodian reports to the Custodial Supervisor of the Memorial Union and assists in providing custodial services and room set up services, This position will provide high customer service standards in the Memorial Union and Fischli-Wills Center for Student Success, a combined facility that serves over 530,000 patrons per year and over 5,000 reservations annually. This position primarily works Wednesday through Sunday 3:00 pm to 11:30 p.m.; however, schedule may vary due to breaks or staffing needs.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency.
• 1-2 years custodial experience
• Experience operating custodial equipment (high speed floor buffer, carpet extractor, floor auto scrubber)
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Experience working in university or education setting
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic computer skills
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and background check clearance.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary: $12.02 per hour, plus $.30 shift differential
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
• Work with the Custodial Supervisor to establish daily work schedule priorities, maintain facility standards, and achieve a high level of customer service
• Responsible for general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture
• Operate and maintain power equipment and hand tools: floor auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, high pressure washers, high speed floor buffer and vacuums
• Dust and clean facilities and furnishings
• Sweep and mop floors
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets
• Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
• Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers
• Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures and refill restroom dispensers
• Wash interior and exterior windows
• Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, and events
• Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and outside grounds
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
• Attend Union staff meetings and division events
• Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS
. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a resume with the names and contact information for three professional references.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Edie McCracken
Phone: (785) 628-5305