An HVAC Technician installs, maintains, and repairs refrigeration, air conditioning, and air handling equipment. Provides comprehensive, skilled mechanical and electrical work. Performs preventative maintenance, installation, and repair in order to ensure a comfortable working and learning environment for University faculty, staff, and students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a two-year college or technical degree in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. Must have three years of professional experience working with HVAC systems. Must be 608 Universal Refrigerant Certified.
- HVAC industrial experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- More than 3 years of professional experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority deadline is February 8, 2024
SALARY: $20.01 per hour
- Manage and provide upkeep to HVAC equipment including air handlers, vacuum pumps, compressors, and exhaust fans.
- Repair or replace components in order to maintain efficient HVAC operations.
- Maintain circulating water pumps by performing upkeep and preventative maintenance.
- Identify mechanical and electrical problems related to HVAC, refrigeration equipment, and hot/chilled water pumps.
- Repair ducts, electrical wiring, and switches related to HVAC systems.
- Examine air filters and install replacements as necessary.
- Conduct system performance reviews to identify problems and recommend solutions to improve performance capabilities.
- Install upgraded equipment and components, as required.
- Fabricate and maintain tools and equipment in order to complete required tasks.
- Research and develop new methodologies in order to update and improve the efficiency of equipment.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Blake Weigel[email protected]
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.