Under the supervision of the pharmacist, the clerk performs clerical/filing functions in the pharmacy: answers phone calls and assists customers with concerns, runs cash register to check out customer purchases, helps maintain a clean/neat environment in the pharmacy department by cleaning and organizing, helps put ordered goods from wholesaler in proper location in pharmacy, uses good communication and customer service skills; uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing their duties; and uses equipment, materials, and systems according to policies, procedures, and practice standards.
- Prepares, maintains, files and retrieves patient charts/records; files encounter forms; performs the collection of relevant charts for next day appointments; mails insurance claim forms to appropriate insurance company; retrieves and copies medical records from microfilm/storage; completes insurance (Medicare, Blue Cross, Medicaid, etc.) information for storage; and collects financial and insurance documents for retention storage.
- Makes sales through cash register, handles money, runs nightly reports, closes and balances register nightly; and prepares deposit for bank nightly.
- Ensures all equipment is in proper working order; and removes from use any non-functioning equipment and reports appropriately.
- Assists patients and staff as needed when job aids or resources are required to enable safe and efficient operation; ensures staff, in areas of responsibility, is using resources efficiently and effectively.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred; clerical experience preferred; basic computer knowledge required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Additional certification may be required and specific information and the timeframe in which such certification must be attained will be provided by the department director/manager/supervisor at time of hire/transfer into department.
HaysMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.