The Business Process Analyst performs complex analysis, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and general technical support of our Workday ERP system. This person will design, configure, test, deploy, and document critical and complex businesses processes. The Business Process Analyst will be a key member of our Technology Services team working in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Academic Affairs, and Student Affairs. The Business Process Analyst must have excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders on their business requirements, be able to turn those requirements into design and configuration plans, test, implement, and then provide ongoing support. The successful candidate must work independently and within a team setting. Appropriate training will be provided.
Essential Duties of the position:
- Identify, analyze, and document business process requirements
- Facilitate design sessions with stakeholders to define solutions
- List and track project status and timeline, establish project scope and timeline estimates of various complex projects
- Organize testing with end users and perform testing on system changes
- Assist with maintaining business processes in Workday while ensuring data integrity
- Provide support and troubleshooting on Workday integrations, reports, and business processes
- Assist with analyzing, coordinating and testing functionality of bi-annual Workday releases
- Keep up to date on new and upcoming Workday functionality through releases and Workday Community resources
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic Technology experience (e.g. Office 365, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be detail oriented.
- Interest in technology processes/systems
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems such as Workday
- Knowledge of reporting tools, such as BIRT, Crystal Reports, or SSRS
- Good understanding of University Business Functions and Processes
Appointment Date: Start date will be determined after acceptance of an offer and background check clearance.
Priority Deadline: February 15, 2024. Review of applications will begin following the priority deadline and continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.