This position is under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Financial Assistance and is generally responsible for document collection and data validation for verification, eligibility, and identity requirements under Title IV Regulations; as well as assisting with the University and Foundation scholarship programs. Position requires the ability to be self-motivated and able to motivate others in a high stress environment. Knowledge and experience administering all types of student financial aid programs including federal, state, institutional, and FHSU Foundation funds is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- One year of experience in general office support or equivalent
- Ability to work and supervise staff in a team-oriented environment
- Detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to work within a highly technical computing environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Verify accuracy of information provided on ISIR through load process.
- Verify accuracy of documentation provided for verification for completion and required elements.
- Assist students in person, by phone or electronically in identifying correct documents for verification, eligibility and identity.
- Manage incoming calls and emails directly related to the verification process, as well as other questions received by our frontline team.
- Attend FAFSA completion and orientation events, as well as others, to assist with the verification process.
- Perform duties in Financial Aid Management software, data entry, word processing, and file management in a PC, as well as historical systems and data repositories.
- Assist the Assistant Director with University scholarship programs, including release of aid and verifying eligibility to disburse funds as well as fund clean-up.
- Assist the Assistant Director with NCAA compliance as it relates to financial aid eligibility.
- Review, refine, develop and implement financial aid policies and procedures in relation to verification and scholarship programs.
- Supervise student employees, both directly and indirectly.
- Consult with the Assistant Director and carry out duties as assigned.
Application Priority Deadline: Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $15.75/ hour
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Jacob Stutheit
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
for further information on how this might affect you.