Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital - Senior Life Solutions Department is looking for a full-time Office and Patient Coordinator.
The office and patient coordinator provides quality administrative and clerical services for program staff and assists Senior Life Solutions’ patients with care needs. They provide transportation to patients in a provided vehicle, as applicable. The office and patient coordinator’s responsibilities include assisting with insurance verification and billing procedures, providing clerical support to team members, assisting with patient care, and ensuring transportation is safely provided to patients. The office and patient coordinator contributes to positive team dynamics and excellent customer service.
- Experience: experience in providing care to older adults in hospital or nursing facility environment
- Experience performing secretarial or clerical duties, working with computers and electronic medical records
- Good driving record, comfort with transportation and driving a van
- Experience transporting patients, preferred but not required
- Knowledge of community resources for older adults, familiarity with medical terminology and medical team roles functioning with other hospital departments
- Ensure patient care needs are met while at the program
- Ensure completion of the Census report as directed
- Assist patients with completion of consents and patient admission process as directed
- Take patient vital signs as directed
- Complete the daily nursing checklist form as directed
- Assist patients in performing the sit to stand test as directed
- Complete multidisciplinary progress notes for documentation of absences or patient encounters as they occur
- Participate in treatment team meetings and coordination of care
- Coordinate meals and snacks for patients
- Complete medical records including filing and form tracking
- Responsible for inventory of supplies, cleanliness, group room setup
- Responsible for refrigerator logs and necessary action steps for temperature variances
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification: CNA, MA or LPN preferred
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
Our application must be completed to be considered for this position. Please send application, resume, education, licensure/certifications (if applicable) to Human Resources, 320 N. 13th St., WaKeeney, KS 67672. They may also be dropped off at the hospital business office, emailed to [email protected]
or faxed to (785) 743-6317. To request an application by mail or email, please email or call (785) 743-2182. Applications also available on our website: www.tclmh.org
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We offer a negotiable nationally competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are a progressive CAH hospital with in-patient, swing bed, out-patient, home health, assisted living, long-term care, and clinic services.
Candidates must be energetic, possess strong leadership skills, willing to work as a team, have a positive attitude, friendly and compassionate toward patients.
For hospital information: www.tclmh.org
For community information: www.tregocountyks.com
TCLMH is an Equal Opportunity Provider/Employer (EOE) and a tobacco free campus