Position Description: Full-time Maintenance and Repair Technician position working at Gross Coliseum, Cunningham Hall, and the Lewis Field Facility. Regular hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, with occasional weekend hours required.
This position manages the maintenance and upkeep needs of buildings, equipment, and other university property. Maintains custodial and electrical equipment. Assists with the set up and maintenance of facilities in order to host events and educational activities. A successful candidate should have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have one year of related experience.
· Knowledge of tools, materials, and methods used in general maintenance and repair work
· Experience in the operation and maintenance of custodial equipment
· Custodial experience
· Experience with power equipment/scissor lift
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
Application Deadline: Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $13.09 per hour
· Perform maintenance and repairs on custodial equipment, furniture, and building fixtures.
· Order replacement parts for equipment repairs.
· Perform general cleaning and custodial tasks.
· Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, and events.
· Must be able to work on a scissor lift.
· Assist with moving furniture and the assembly of new furniture.
· Be the acting custodial manager in the absence of the manager.
· Wash interior and exterior windows.
· During inclement weather ensure building entrances are safe and free of ice and snow.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants selected for an interview will need to bring the names and contact information for three professional references to the interview.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Troy Keller