Lifetime Dental Care is hiring a full-time Hygiene Assistant to partner with the team to deliver complete health dentistry in a fun-loving environment.
If you are flexible yet organized, enjoy movement in your day, can take direction and proactively seek out opportunities to support team members, consider yourself a caregiver by nature and passionate about health and wellness...this unique position would be a great fit!
While not limited to this list, on a typical day you:
- Assist the hygiene team and ensure "time integrity" so that our patients have a five star experience.
- Accurately stock and prepare hygiene operatories with the correct products and instruments prior to each scheduled treatment to mitigate downtime.
- Sterilize instruments to prepare each hygiene room for patient visits.
- Work directly with new hygiene patients to gather and document information and diagnostics to support the hygienist in delivering the new patient experience.
- Work directly with patients in the Perio Protect program, performing digital scans, saliva testing, coordinating lab cases and deliveries, and educating patients how to use their products at home.
- Assist the Hygienists in performing and documenting x-rays and a comprehensive periodontal evaluation. Advise the Doctors when the patient will be ready for an exam.
- Keep lab and sterilization areas stocked, clean and orderly. Be aware of supply needs and follow the ordering process when necessary.
- Advise the Appointment Coordinator when a patient requires additional (or less) time units than normal for their upcoming treatment to aid in scheduling efficiency.
- Participate in the Morning Huddle and team meetings.
- Cover other areas within the practice as needed and when needed.
This position operates in a medical/clinical environment, which will require HIPPA and OSHA training. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and the employee is frequently required to talk and hear; stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or physical risks.
This is a full-time position and the hours of work are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasionally work is expected outside of these hours, for example continuing education coursework.
We love to learn and will be providing training! Required Education and Experience:
- 2 years of direct customer or patient experience/care
- High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits: Hourly wage (depending on experience the hourly wage for this position is around $14.00/hour) and participation in the monthly bonus program, BCBS Health Insurance, Dental Benefits, Paid Uniforms, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays.
To apply: In one email, send your cover letter, resume and the name and contact information of three professional references to [email protected]