Job Title: Vice President of Membership
Reports to: President/CEO, The Chamber in Hays, Kansas
- The Vice President of Membership answers directly to the President/CEO, and as such will carry out functions and responsibilities as directed by the President/CEO. The President/CEO will have a wide scope of authority in assigning various tasks to the Vice President of Membership.
- Responsible for keeping all membership information, dues structure and resources updated, organized and available for reports.
- Obtain new Chamber memberships and help retain them beyond their first year of membership.
- Communicate, connect, and develop relationships with existing chamber members as needed, with a goal to reach out to all members annually if possible.
- Sell advertising, programs, and sponsorships for events and programs as deemed necessary by the President/CEO.
- Assist with the collection of overdue membership dues.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating details for special events, programs and projects as deemed necessary by the President/CEO.
- Schedule weekly Chamber Chats, Ribbon Cuttings, Business Showcases, Grand Openings, Ground Breakings, and other events.
- Maintain the Welcome Home bucket program.
- Speak and lead at Chamber sponsored events as needed.
- Assist other Chamber staff in maintaining Chamber Cheques, plans room, bulk rate stamp, phone reception, and other office procedures as necessary.
- Strong communication and organizational skills must be utilized as this position’s work greatly impacts the progress of the team overall.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description may be changed and/or modified by the President/CEO and/or the Board of Directors, as they deem appropriate. The Vice President of Membership will be consulted if and when such action occurs.
Performance Reviews will be completed annually with action steps and timeline determined if needed. Written summary of review will be placed in employee file.