This position is under the general supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs for Enrollment Management. The Director of Financial Assistance is responsible for administering all student financial aid programs including federal, state, institutional, and FHSU Foundation funds. The director also supervises the Office of Student Financial Assistance, which includes Scholarship Services and Student Employment units. In addition, the position will have the excitement and challenges of working with a vendor to finalize the design and implement a new financial aid software. A successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work under pressure while meeting timelines and objectives.
- Master’s Degree
- Three years’ experience with financial aid programs
- Experience at an institution of higher education
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, MBA, Juris Doctorate, or related field
- More than three years’ experience with financial aid programs
- Experience at a management level within a financial aid department
- Supervisory experience
- Experience implementing a software package
APPOINTMENT DATE: October 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority deadline is September 16, 2022. Review of applications will begin after the priority deadline and continue until the position is filled.
- Manage and supervise all financial aid programs, processes and services related to awarding student loans, grants, Veterans Administration, Federal Work-Study, and scholarship aid.
- Develop and monitor the Office of Financial Assistance budget including personnel needs and departmental operating expenses.
- Lead the design, testing, and implementation of the Workday Financial Aid system as it relates to FHSU and the Workday system.
- Develop student costs of attendance (individual student budgets) including tuition, books, fees, room and board etc.
- Interpret and apply federal laws and regulation, college policy and regulation and state regulation relating to the delivery of student financial assistance.
- Oversee all administrative functions of the Financial Aid Office by supervising, providing ongoing professional development opportunity and evaluating all full-time and part-time employees.
- Maintain university’s financial aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required federal, state and local reports.
- Develop and direct financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulation that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the university and by administering financial aid, scholarship and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
- Maintain, update, upgrade and link the university's Financial Aid Management infrastructures including records, archives, online student databases, web pages and other electronic databases and information systems.
- Contribute to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of financial aid, student employment services.
- Oversee the promotional, educational and public relations efforts of the office.
- Ensure that students are informed about their eligibility for financial aid by developing and directing a system for collecting and evaluating applications, and for the timely and effective awarding of all types of financial aid.
- Further the division's work on the key areas of strategic practice.
- Prepare and submit documents in accordance with the annual key dates calendar.
- Work collaboratively to support the KAMS staff in enhancing student learning and support services, and.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel to workshops and conferences on behalf of the university.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules including evenings as needed.
- Ability to work as a team lead to complete the design and implementation of a Financial Aid delivery system.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact: