Would others call you a relationship builder? Do you have experience with Economic Development and want to continue to cultivate relationships to enhance western Kansas? If so, take a look at our new Economic Development Director position.
Sunflower, a generation and transmission cooperative serving Kansans, is hiring an Economic Development Director to work from one of our various Sunflower locations. Come be a part of our vision to make western Kansas the number one place to live and work! As an Economic Development Director, you will positively impact the economy of the Sunflower Member region by building relationships and developing and delivering programs that increase community competitiveness and opportunities for growth.
- Share your strategic thinking and research abilities to plan, lead, and execute initiatives to support Members with retention and load growth opportunities.
- It's rewarding to see the growth, well-being, and vibrancy of Member communities take place through your Servant Leadership.
- Enjoy a change of scenery from stepping outside of the office to attend trade shows, conferences, and training to support economic development.
- Interact with various individuals and groups, developing your professional network and career in economic development and the utility industry.
- Receive outstanding benefits including a company funded pension, low health insurance premiums, and tuition reimbursement for approved courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in economic development, sales, marketing, communications, key accounts, public administration, or a related field and five years' experience in economic development, sales, marketing, communications, key accounts, public administration, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Certified Economic Developer, Certified Key Account Executive, and/or Economic Development Finance Professional is preferred.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.