An Administrative Specialist performs a variety of customer service and administrative duties according to established procedures and policies. This position will support the TILT staff and Assistant Provost as well as serve the AEP department chair and faculty. This position also interacts professionally with students, faculty, staff, and other campus offices. Works collaboratively with department staff to manage office duties and supports the department chair.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED equivalency and one year of office experience or one year of post-secondary education.
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Two or more years of office experience
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office as evidenced by application materials
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to supervise others
- Attention to detail
- Experience at an institution of higher education
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Supervisory experience
Appointment Date: August, 2022
Application Deadline: Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $15.06 per hour
- Administer Workday processes for staff and student employees
- Manage human resource-related processes including hiring, payroll, and expense reimbursement
- Manage KACE Course Development platform, including tracking progress on existing course developments and adding new courses as needed.
- Responsible to submit virtual college and campus course approvals. Updates on-campus course schedules and classroom reservations and on-line course schedules.
- Oversees book orders for course texts with the FHSU bookstore and orders desk copies as needed for faculty and adjunct instructors.
- Drafts, proofreads and edits correspondence, spreadsheets and other documents for the chair, including departmental correspondence, recruitment materials.
- Responsible for the customer service operations of the office, including walk-in visitors, phone and email communication. Communicates daily with students, faculty, staff, and administrators, sometimes regarding confidential issues. The individual hired will screen and transfer calls as necessary and direct inquiries to appropriate individuals and offices.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and scheduling of meetings for the assistant provost/chair and oversees the scheduling of the department conference/training rooms. Take meeting minutes and manages follow up reminders/schedules related to meeting action items.
- Organize and maintain digital and paper files and records, while maintaining the security and confidentiality of all documents.
- Coordinate and arrange travel and travel reimbursement for department faculty and staff using Workday.
- Maintain the department budget by overseeing processes, accounts, ordering, and purchasing.
- Maintain department’s website and social media sites.
- Schedule department visits for potential students.
- Interview, select, coordinate, schedule and supervises training for student employees. Assigns daily tasks to student employees, determining priorities and makes recommendations in order to maintain departmental efficiency.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies and serve as point of contact for service and maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the assistant provost/department chair.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Andrew Feldstein or Sherry Crow.
Name: Andrew Feldstein
Phone: (785) 628-4788
Name: Sherry Crow
Phone: (785) 628-4323