Assist Mill & Process operators in the production of flour and gluten by safely monitoring equipment and product to ensure operations are within parameters set by of Purefield Ingredients. Responsible for supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors to receive daily tasks and obtain information about daily production parameters.
- Assist in collecting samples, observing and learning sampling techniques, recording results and labeling samples for lab analysis.
- Observe loading of midds and bulk gluten trucks.
- Clean work areas according to master cleaning schedule to ensure a safe, clean work environment and to keep in accordance with the SQF policies and procedures.
- Inspect and clean assigned magnets and document findings according to food safety policies.
- Assist Mill & Process Operator and Shift Supervisor as requested to maintain plant operations and safety.
- Attend all SQF food safety and safety meetings.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Relevant safety equipment, policies and procedures.
- Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit stand, climb, bend and walk. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. · Significant time will be spent in the plant. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, airborne particles, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. · Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.