NOW HIRING: Generation Engineer who wants to further their career in the generation and transmission utility industry.
Sunflower has an opening for a Generation Engineer I or II with electrical knowledge or experience at our coal-fired power plant near Holcomb, Kansas. This job allows you to work with a diverse group of engineers with all types of disciplines, as well as, a dedicated group of engineers who are welcoming and committed to your success and to the success of the department. You will be empowered and exposed to situations that will utilize your experiences and knowledge of engineering. You'll have hands on learning opportunities and won't have to sit at a desk all day.
• Work with a broad disciplines of engineers.
• Provide support to achieve the lowest cost, most reliable, and environmentally efficient electricity.
• Enjoy the friendly, hometown atmosphere.
• Be part of a team who is dedicated, inviting, and knowledgeable.
• Receive outstanding benefits
including a company funded pension, low health insurance premiums, and 100% tuition reimbursement.
• Gain experience in an electric utility to further your career.
Evaluate, recommend, and coordinate projects intended to optimize plant performance, reduce costs, and increase equipment life and reliability. Provide advanced and highly innovative technical engineering support to contractors and company staff on an as needed basis under direction and guidance of others.
• Bachelor degree in engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• Able to develop and maintain a working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations regarding the operation of a power plant
• Able to obtain a working knowledge of one-line diagrams, control schematics, as-built documents, and other records and documents.
Refer to the Responsibility Outline for a complete list of qualifications.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.