Join our Corporate Services department and further your skills in the utility industry!
Apply today! This career opportunity will allow you to work with a supportive team at a family-oriented and culture focused company. Sunflower Electric Power Corporation, a generation and transmission cooperative, is seeking someone to help with general office tasks and support multiple departments in a variety of ways. Use your skills to assist with continually improving processes and efficiencies using technology. Position located in Great Bend, KS.
- Gain experience in an electric utility to further your career.
- Apply and improve your administrative skills and work on challenging assignments.
- Work with a fantastic, fun team that cares about your growth and development.
- Enjoy the friendly, home-town atmosphere of Great Bend and surrounding communities.
- Receive outstanding benefits including a company funded pension, low health insurance premiums, and 100% tuition reimbursement.
- Post high school education in office administration and three years progressively responsible clerical/management support experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience to provide administrative and clerical support.
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) Test.
- Demonstrated keyboarding ability and skills to produce professional and accurate documents.
- Strong competency in proofreading, editing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and math.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here: https://secure.eei.org/eeitests/onlineproducts/Login.aspx.
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.