Front office staff / Assistant
We are looking for an experienced assistant with proven technical and office skills. Our ideal team member is someone who can not only aid with front office duties but someone who can help with clinical duties when needed. The office is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30AM - 5:30 PM.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Preparing patients for dental work
· Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures
· Recording treatment information in patient records, taking payments, scheduling patients and confirming appointments.
· Taking x-rays for patient diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment
· Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs
· Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist
· Caring for dental equipment
· Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory
· Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary
· Cover other areas within the practice as needed and when needed.
This role is required to stand/sit for long periods of time, lift heavy objects (up to 25lbs). The employee is regularly exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or physical risks which require OSHA training.
The ideal candidate should be a team player, detail oriented, willing to help when needed, and focused on building patient relationships! Having strong interpersonal and organization skills is a must!
Training will be provided for the right candidate! Preferred Education and Experience, but not required:
· Dental assistant education or dental assisting work experience
· Knowledge and understanding of dental procedures, terminology and techniques
· Knowledge and understanding of Eaglesoft Practice Management Software
· Knowledge and understanding of dental coding and insurance claims
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly Wage, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401K, Uniforms, Dental Treatment for self, spouse and dependent children.
How to Apply:
2. Name, relationship, and contact information of three professional references
3. Desired hourly wage range
OR mail/deliver to Werth Family Dental, 2703 Hall St. Suite A1, Hays, KS 67601