The City of Ellis is accepting applications for a career-minded individual who wants to serve the community by protecting citizens as a Full-Time Entry Level Police Officer or a Lateral Transfer Police Officer in a full-service 24-hour department.
This position involves highly responsible work in taking calls for service, patrolling to deter and detect crime, investigating complaints, citing and/or arresting law violators, etc. Work is performed with independence and in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances and regulations, under the general supervision of a superior officer. Preference will be given to those possessing a valid, in-good-standing KSCPOST certification, but we will train the right person!
Successful applicants should possess good motivational, interpersonal, public relations and communications skills. A thorough background check will be conducted, including former employers.
Qualifications required include:
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Must be US Citizen and at least 21 years of age by application date.
- High School Diploma. No prior law enforcement experience required.
- No felony or domestic violence convictions are permitted.
- KLETC Certification or completion of KLETC training.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment written test, oral interview, and a physical and mental health evaluation.
- Drug/alcohol testing/fingerprinting/psychological evaluation required after provisional offer of employment.
- Residency required within 30 miles of the Ellis City limits, however, residency is encouraged within the Ellis City limits.
- Single/Family health, dental and vision insurance paid 100% by employer.
- Single life insurance policy paid 100% by employer.
- Sick leave, Vacation, and KPERS.
- Uniforms and equipment are provided, including Taser 7, duty weapon with red dot optic and bodycam. Custom-fit outer carrier ballistic vest provided after completion of probationary period. Boot reimbursement done on a yearly basis.
- Vehicles are equipped with mobile data terminals.
- Supportive City Council and community.
Job description and applications are available at Ellis City Clerk’s Office, 815 Jefferson, Ellis, KS, www.ellis.ks.us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Send resume and completed application, along with professional and personal references to City of Ellis, c/o Chief Avery Smith, 815 Jefferson, Ellis, KS 67637 or submit via email to email@example.com. For more information, contact the Ellis Police Department at 785-726-4462.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 23, 2023. The City of Ellis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right to reject any and all applications.